Industry & Energy News
- January 2022: MEMA Secures Waiver of Hours-of-Service Regulations Through 2/6/22
- January 2022: Governor Baker Officially Names All Members of the Commission on Clean Heat
- January 2022: MEMA Files Legal Reply Brief on Mass Save Rebates for Heating Oil Customers
- December 2021: MEMA Submits Final Legal Brief on Mass Save Rebates for Heating Oil Customers
- December 2021: Heating Industry to Governors: Do Not Repeat Texas's Tragedy
- November 2021: MEMA Board Member Charlie Uglietto Appointed to Clean Heat Commission by Governor Baker
- October 2021: MEMA Challenges Latest Attempt by Brookline to Ban Fossil Fuels
- September 2021: Governor Baker Creates First-in-Nation Clean Heat Commission
- August 2021: Boston Globe: Massachusetts Falls Short on Heat Pump Conversions
- August 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA's Michael Ferrante featured in Letter to Editor on clean biofuels versus heat pump technology
- July 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA's Michael Ferrante Promotes Industry in Boston Globe Opinion/Editorial on Mass Save Program
- April 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA Fights Efforts to Eliminate Mass Save Rebates
National Oilheat Research Alliance Programs (NORA)
- NORA Funds Used for Fall Statewide Radio Campaign Promoting Bioheat
In the fall of 2021, MEMA created and placed a statewide radio campaign promoting the industry and Bioheat on the #1 rated radio station in the Boston market (98.5 The Sports Hub), along with a network of dozens of other stations in key geographic areas in Massachusetts.
- NORA Helps MEMA Expand Energy Efficiency & Equipment Rebates
In 2021 MEMA continued its highly successful heating equipment rebate program that is supported with NORA funds. The program has provided rebates on boilers, furnaces, and storage tanks to over 4000 heating oil customers across the state. For more information visit Discover Efficiency Massachusetts.
- Retailers Across the State Take Advantage of NORA’s Efficiency Matters Newsletter
Using its NORA funds, MEMA once again produced a ready-to-use customer newsletter – Efficiency Matters – that is free of charge to all retailers in Massachusetts. Over 200,000 copies of the Fall 2021 edition are currently in circulation.
- MEMA Uses NORA Funds to Recruit Heating Technicians
To help address the shortage of heating equipment technicians industry-wide, MEMA has partnered with CT, NH, NJ, NY, and RI to launch a recruitment program that targets students currently enrolled in technical training schools, and job-ready candidates. For more information visit Generation Next Energy Pros.
- NORA Helps Support Boston’s Emerald Necklace & Environmental Programs
MEMA has utilized NORA funds to help train a group of high school students who are pursuing careers in environmental science and landscape architecture. The focus of the MEMA-NORA training module was how biodiesel is reducing carbon emissions and helping the state meet climate change goals. MEMA also used NORA funds to purchase advertising to support ongoing preservation and expansion of the Emerald Necklace – a system of parks and green space that has earned a national reputation.