The Members of the Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association Contribute to the State’s Economy, Provide Crucial Energy Services and are Committed to Net-Zero Emissions
Established in 1954, the Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association (MEMA) is a business association that serves the home and commercial heating marketplace.
MEMA represents hundreds of companies across the state, including retail and wholesale/supplier operations and producers of clean, renewable Bioheat. Collectively, MEMA’s retail members store, sell and deliver most of the residential and commercial heating oil used statewide.
Retailers also sell Bioheat fuel, diesel fuel, propane, and other fuels. Additionally, MEMA represents national and local heating equipment manufacturers and suppliers and other businesses that provide valuable products and services to the industry.
MEMA’s mission includes:
- Implementing effective legislative, regulatory and government affairs programs and activities in Massachusetts and in Washington, DC.
- Advancing the industry’s goals of dramatically reducing carbon emissions through the accelerated use of higher blends of renewable Bioheat fuel in heating oil.
- Promoting and protecting the business interests of members by developing and implementing effective advertising, marketing and public relations programs.
- Serving as a valuable resource and information base to a host of audiences including consumers.
- Serving as the qualified state association for the National Research Alliance (NORA), a congressionally authorized program aimed at promoting heating oil, renewable home heating fuels, and energy efficiency; educating consumers and the industry; and developing meaningful research and development projects for fuels and heating equipment